The Friends of Barrington Public Library is a nonprofit organization that supports the library through fundraising and membership. Founded in 1980, the Friends is a group of hundreds of library lovers in Barrington and nearby communities.
The Friends of the Barrington Library is looking for a volunteer with publicity and writing experience to join our board and assist us to grow our library.
Come visit us at the Barrington Arts Festival Sunday June 12 from 10 to 4
It will be on the Town Hall Property at 283 County Rd. Barrington RI. Our booth will be near the TAP IN door. Say hello and browse the affordable used art books that we will have for sale. Learn more about us and maybe join to help support the library. All of our funds go to the library.
Visit out Summer Book sale in the Library Gallery July 15 to 17
The Friends raise funds through membership dues, the continuous Daily Book Sale located on the main floor of the library, as well as Fall Book Sale and the Summer book sale. These raised funds cover more than 80% of the Library’s programming each year. Recently the Friends contributed to the library in the following ways:
- Programs and events for Adults, Teens, and Children
- Film Lecture Series with Doug Swiszcz
- Express Books, e-books, and downloadable audiobooks-no waiting for the new and most popular titles!
- Peep Diorama contest
- Book Pages
- Films and Documentaries
- Online Subscriptions to Providence Journal and Book Browse
- Museum Pass Program which includes the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Gamm Theatre (discount tickets), Museum of Science, and much more!
- Contributions to special projects.
Love your library? Become a Friend! Your membership helps to enrich the entire community.