Browse thousands of books, most available for only $1-$2 each, at our Annual Book Sale! The Annual Book Sales are major fundraisers for the Friends. Members of the Friends receive early access to the Fall sale before it opens to the public.
Join us at the Fall Sale this year!
November 5-8, 2020
Barrington Public Library, second floor
This year’s sale will be a little different than before….a little smaller, and we’ll be managing attendance through Eventbrite reservations. But the same great variety and thousands of books to choose from!
Thursday, November 5th, 4:00 – 8:00 PM
Benefit Preview and Dealers’ Night, $20/person admission fee
Saturday, November 7th, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Free public admission
Sunday, November 8th, 1:00 – 5:00 PM
Free public admission
TIMED ENTRANCE & SAFETY INFORMATION
The following instructions are consistent with COVID-19 recommendations to ensure all attendees’ and workers’ safety at the sale.
- Entry will be by timed admission through Eventbrite ticketing.
- You must register in advance online for each person attending (including children).
- Tickets will be available on Monday, October 19th. If you encounter a problem reserving your ticket online, please email email@example.com or call the library at 401-247-1920 x302, and someone will help you make your reservation.
- Book sale attendees will enter the library by a separate entrance at the corner of the library nearest the playground. Please arrive five minutes before your time and line up at the lighted tents along the sidewalk.
- Tickets (printed or e-tickets) will be checked at the door. Note: no one will be admitted without a ticket.
- All attendees must wear masks at all times. Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
- Please follow the directional markers on the floor and maintain at least 6 feet from other shoppers.
- The number of shoppers will be limited. You will have 1/2 hour to browse and make your selections.
- We will accept credit cards for entry, new memberships, renewals, and book sale purchases.
If you are sick with COVID-19, have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, it is important to stay home and away from other people until it is safe to be around others.
Attendees may sign up for membership at the sale, $10 single membership, $15 family membership, or join in advance.
We will need some volunteers to direct people, answer some questions, restock tables. If you’re able to contribute a couple of hours, please sign up here. Thank you!